Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
I Am Outraged [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : I Am Outraged

jalancurtis
11-22-2005, 03:14 PM
:mad1:

I pre-ordered the disc MONTHS ago from FYE and have ALWAYS received CDs on the RELEASE DATE. Well, guess what, for the CD I've been waiting for for longer than any one ever... it's not here... I AM SO ANGRY...

So this is why we're supposed to buy music instead of stealing it... give me a break... :mad:

AND IT'S NOT EVEN ON LIMEWIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INDIGOSTEVE
11-22-2005, 03:24 PM
HEY WHATS FYE? sorry you didnt get it yet!

Dogstar
11-22-2005, 03:43 PM
It's a lame-ass record store. Their prices are very high and their selection sucks, imo. I'm sorry you didn't get your CD on time. That does suck when you pre-order and it doesn't show up on the release date. :(

rabidgopher04
11-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Just go to Target the day of the release. That should teach you to pre-order. I would never do that when I can just get it cheaper at Target.

Steve
11-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Screw target, Best Buy and Circuit City are usually the cheapest I've seen CDs on their release date. Most of the times Circuit City is the cheapest, usually a dollar less than Best Buy. Or try a local music store (non-chain store). Here in Milwaukee, WI we have a local chain called The Exclusive Company and the first week a CD is released, they sell for $9.99 or less. :)

titan9
11-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Circuit City offered TGD for only 8.99 on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week. I personally got mine from Meijer for 9.99 on Tuesday. I agree with Steve, though: in most cases, CC and Best Buy are the cheapest. Target occasionally sells CDs at 9.99 their first week(like they did for 12 Stones "Potter's Field") but I don't believe they did that for TGD.

Agent D
11-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Circuit City's prices are awesome. They blow everyone else out of the water. I'd advise you to get all your future cd purchases from there.

rabidgopher04
11-29-2005, 12:54 AM
Target occasionally sells CDs at 9.99 their first week(like they did for 12 Stones "Potter's Field") but I don't believe they did that for TGD.

You're right, they didn't. I got mine for $9.98 on Tuesday. ;)

Anyway, my point is why pre-order when you can go out to the store and get it cheaper and on the same day? Pre-order is such a waste of money.

Dogstar
11-29-2005, 01:28 AM
Target has a crappy selection, too. Bah...CC or BB are better.

Steve
11-29-2005, 02:35 AM
I tend to avoide places like Target, Kmart and Walmart for CDs because they usually only sell edited versions (or at least that's usually the only copies they have). I hate edited CDs. Not like you can't tell what is being said anyways. If I want to hear edited music, I'll listen to the radio ;)

Chris98GT
11-29-2005, 04:49 AM
I never pre-order anything.

RMadd
11-29-2005, 08:50 AM
Target's versions aren't edited. Sometimes, a few artists even offer exclusive bonus tracks only on the Target releases. Plus, at Wal-Mart, you can tell when you're buying an Edited copy, because the label says "Edited." So, I buy my music from both these places and Best Buy. In my experience, smaller chains (such as those in the mall, and CD Warehouse) actually have higher prices than these mondo department stores (usu. $2-3 more, some places still as high as $18 for a CD). CD Warehouse is a great place for getting older stuff you wouldn't be able to find elsewhere. But, for my money, it's usually Target or Best Buy.

titan9
11-29-2005, 11:24 AM
I never pre-order either, but in some cases, it might be a good idea. Some pre-orders include extra tracks, or posters. I believe that if you preordered at FYE(or was it Sam Goodie?) you were promised a Stapp TGD poster. I'd definitely preorder to get that, if the price was roughly the same. However, I didn't find out about that offer until the CD came out, and by that time, I had already decided to pick up a copy at Meijer.